Contacts To Clients: 5 Smart Strategies For Driving Sales Through WhatsApp
By Gideon Chukwuemeka Ogbonna
Facebook ads. Instagram ads. Twitter ads. YouTube ads. These are the words that ring in the mind of many entrepreneurs when it comes to digitally marketing their products and services. These forms of marketing, although effective, come at significant financial cost. Budding entrepreneurs who want to keep their businesses afloat in the sea of online businesses that floods the internet, may not have the finances to run these ads for a long period. And this is where WhatsApp comes in.
Many do not know this: WhatsApp is more than an instant messaging app. It is a veritable tool which entrepreneurs can employ to drive sales. At little or no cost, you can, as a budding entrepreneur, use your WhatsApp to drive sales before scaling into other digital marketing strategies like Facebook and Instagram ads. How can you do this?
Here are 5 smart strategies you can use:
1. Offer value through education: Treat your WhatsApp status like your own Slideshare or PowerPoint app. Use it to educate your contacts about things they probably do not know about your product, service, or industry. For example, if you are a caterer, you can educate your contacts about the versatility of the catering industry, or even how to eat healthy. When your contacts know that you are more interested in offering value than getting into their pockets, they would willingly become clients.
2. Tell stories: Storytelling is as old as time and everyone loves a good story. You can share your brand story on WhatsApp. You can also tell a story about a step or event in your production process or service delivery. This would make your (prospective) clients to be in touch with you as an entrepreneur and a brand.
3. Share testimonials: If you offer quality service, people would definitely testify about it. Do not fail to share these testimonials on your status. When it comes to business, it doesn’t pay to downplay your success. So share your testimonials. Blow your trumpet. Let people know that you are good with what you do.
4. Use pictures and videos: People may forget words, but they won’t forget a picture and/or a video. It is reported that the human brain processes images 60,000 times faster than text. Thus, you need to take advantage of this ability. From time to time, educate, tell stories, and share testimonials through visual or audiovisual images.
5. Be consistent: This is the most important of all five steps. If you fail to remain consistent, then it rubbishes all the hard work you’ve put in. In this digital age, human beings have a short attention span. We only recall and pay attention to things we see or hear or feel over and over again. So do not educate today and go on break for the next one month. Do not tell stories for a whole week and become missing in action for six months. Be in the face of your contacts at all times. Consistency turns contacts to clients.
Apply these five strategies religiously and watch your sales to drive sales through your WhatsApp. If you want to know more about how you can turn your WhatsApp into a cash machine, why not click here to take our WhatsApp Monetization Course.