5 Reasons Why Having A Cake Is Important In Your Event
By Gideon Chukwuemeka Ogbonna
It is a tradition all over the world to have cake(s) at any event — from birthdays to weddings to graduation ceremonies to anniversaries. Blessing Umeh, the CEO of Emporium Pastries, stated that, “A party without a cake is just a meeting.” Having a cake at an event may seem cliché, but it has become a tradition we cannot do without. And here are 5 reasons why:
1. Cake adds happiness: Every cake is a blend of sweetness and happiness. Eating a cake stimulates the pleasure centres in our brain. A chocolate cake, for instance, contains certain amino acids that produce the neurotransmitter responsible for feelings of happiness. Your event may be a joyful celebration, but a cake adds an extra dose of happiness, not just to you, but to your guests.
2. It adds colour: We all love colours. We all have favourite colours. Colours are symbolic. Besides the lights and flowers and curtains that decorate your event, a cake adds extra colour to your event. People may not bother themselves with the decorations that adorn the walls, but the design of your cake would definitely resonate with them. And this brings us to the next point.
3. It is symbolic: The design of your cake is a symbol of who you are, what you represent, or what you are celebrating. For example, a cake adorned with superheroes like Batman and Spiderman tells you that the cake is for a child. A cake designed as a ward coat and a stethoscope depicts that the celebrant is a medical professional. While a cake designed as the number 30 signifies that the celebrant is marking a 30th birthday or wedding anniversary.
4. It makes the event special: The happiness, colour, and symbolism that a cake brings makes your event special. This specialness cannot be derived by the staple foods served at the event. This is why there is always a special moment dedicated to the cutting of the cake. It is a moment that reiterates the importance of your event.
5. Cakes are used to send personalized messages: On several occasions, a cake has been a dutiful emissary for many. It has helped lovers communicate how they feel about each other. It has spiced up men’s proposals to their girlfriends. Subordinates have sent heartfelt messages to their bosses with cakes. A cake has never failed to deliver sweetness both to the tongues and hearts of people.
PS: Getting the happiness, sweetness, and colour a cake offers begins with baking and decorating a cake. This is an important skill that doesn’t only offer happiness and satisfaction, but money also. (And money is also a key source of happiness.) If you want to learn how to bake and decorate a cake, click here to take our Cake Baking and Decoration course.