12 Pastries of Christmas
By Maureen Eugene
It’s Christmas morning. Kate is up and ready to make some pastries, but she’s unsure about what to make. Time is running out — her friends and family would soon arrive for the celebration. She takes off her apron, lowers herself onto the kitchen chair, and begins to surf the internet for options. And this is when she stumbles on this article you’re reading now — our compilation of mouth-watering pastries. Like your true love, we are giving you 12 pastries you can have for Christmas.
1. Puff Pastry: This is a light and flaky blend of four simple ingredients that birth greatness — flour, butter, ice water, and salt. Puff pastries can be eaten with dips or chocolate fillings. Whatever recipe you try will surely be worth it.
2. Apple pie: Who doesn’t love apples? This pastry sure brings the feeling of Christmas with one bite. It’s quite easy to make and is made with simple ingredients — flour, salt, ice water, butter, sugar, apples, and egg.
3. Gingerbread cookies: From the crispy feel to the delectable flavor of ginger spice, Christmas is never complete without gingerbread cookies.
4. Chocolate chip cookies: This is a delicious mix of flour, butter, brown and white sugar, semi-sweet chocolate chips, eggs, and vanilla. It is easy to make, but try not to eat all that cookie dough before it gets in the oven.
5. Churros: Like puff pastry, churros are crispy and easy to make. They can be eaten with hot chocolate and can ease up the cold of the holiday season. It could be stuffed with Nutella or dipped in chocolate.
6. Cake pops: Made from already baked cakes and frosting, cake pops come in various flavours — chocolate, vanilla, or red velvet cake. This is easy to prepare since it is made from an already baked cake.
7. Garlic bread: This makes for a perfect dinner roll during Christmas. Dinner is never complete without some moist and soft garlic bread at the table. It makes a great accompaniment to soups and stews.
8. Cinnamon rolls: These soft, sweet, and chewy rolls are easy to prepare and can be served with drizzles of frosting or a glass of orange juice. That is one great way to start your day.
9. Croissants: Buttery and flaky, croissants are delectable pastries you need to start up your morning. Just like puff pastries, they go with a chocolate filling or Nutella dip.
10. Blueberry Scones: Blueberry scones are crispy and delicious and can go with a cup of warm milk.
11. Chocolate cake: What is a Christmas celebration without a cake? And a moist chocolate cake would serve your taste buds just right. It goes just right with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
12. Red velvet cake: The color and flavour of this pastry appeal to the idea of Christmas, and that is why you shouldn’t miss out on having this yummy work of art on your dinner table during Christmas.
Now that you have known 12 pastries you can have during the holidays, we have something extra for you. We are offering you the opportunity to learn how to prepare these pastries, starting from cakes. Our Cake Baking and Decoration Course will teach you all you need to know about baking sweet, beautiful cakes.
You don’t want to miss this opportunity. Click here to get the course NOW!